Match Your Education With Your Career Goals
As children we dream of becoming a doctor or an astronaut. Never do we dream of going to college for ten years. What are the best options for your education if you want to pursue a career? Do you need a degree, a license… both? It is important to define your career path, this is called, Career Planning. Career Planning involves determining:
- What education does your career require?
- What skills do you need?
- What do I do if I don’t have a high school diploma?
- What if I don’t have a career in mind yet?
Obtaining a career in business is often the first option for most since it can be used for many careers. Choosing a concentration such as marketing, public relations, or international business will give you the upper hand if you have already decided you want to work in those markets.
Obtaining an MBA (Master’s in Business Administration) is a not only a new standard but will give you the edge to secure higher pay and more responsibility.
If you are still trying to decide on a career check out our articles on:
- What are the high growth industries?
- What are the fastest growing occupations?
- What are the occupations with the most employment?
- What are the highest paying occupations?
- What are the wage and employment trends by state and occupation?
- What are the wages for each education level?